Independent university-based research indicates TUNE into READING improves students’ instructional reading level by over one grade in just nine weeks. TUNE into READING improves reading skills by engaging students in activities in which their ability to learn is enhanced by the power of music. Engagement is ensured by a unique reward system. Reading ability is improved by:
- Differentiated Instruction: Students enter the program at their individual level and work on grade-level and age appropriate content.
- Activities: Specially written songs for the program are leveled for reading difficulty, strategic vocabulary, and comprehension.
- Strategic Vocabulary: Derived from major nationally used lists. Clickable words are defined using multimedia auditory and visual aids.
- Songs exposing students to narrative or expository text: Modeled by a native speaker to teach pronunciation while the rhythm and melody of the song embed this enhanced learning experience into long-term memory.
- Quizzes: Monitor progress, provide feedback, and support response-to-intervention implementations in real time.
- Ease of Use: Program automatically adjusts the difficulty level of the material.
|Learn more about TUNE into READING with this video.|