TUNE into READING and SINGINGCoach Research
- USF Research Abstract #1 (2005) – Does Singing Improve Reading Skills?
- USF Research Abstract #2 (2006) – Does Singing Improve Reading Skills? Using an Interactive Singing Program with Struggling Readers Grade 4-12: A comparison study of reading progress.
- USF Research Abstract #4 (2009) – Does TUNE into READING Improve FCAT Scores?
- USF Research Abstract #5 (2011) – Continued Evidence of Positive Effects on FCAT Scores for a Non-standard Approach to Reading Intervention.
- Kansas TUNE into READING Research (2012)
- Reading Fluency through alternative text: Reading with an interactive sing-to-read program embedded within middle school music classroom (Marie Biggs) –
National research and articles on music and learning
- The Importance of Movement in Learning – http://www.songsforteaching.net/music-movement
- Music Education Can Help Children Improve Reading Skills – http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/03
- Promoting Literacy Through Music – http://www.songsforteaching.com/lb/literacymusic.htm
- Using Music to Teach Early Reading Skills – http://www.songsforteaching.net/early-reading-skills
- Effect of Popular and Classical Background Music on the Math Test Scores of Undergraduate Students – http://music.arts.usf.edu/rpme/effects.htm