Independent university-based research indicated TUNE into READING improves students’ instructional reading level by over one grade in just 9 weeks.
Proof It Works:
Figure 1 graphically displays the differences in pre and posttest scores for the treatment and controls groups.
TUNE into READING and SINGINGCoach Research
- USF Research Abstract #1 (2005) – Does Singing Improve Reading Skills?
- USF Research Abstract #2 (2006) – Does Singing Improve Reading Skills? Using an Interactive Singing Program with Struggling Readers Grade 4-12: A comparison study of reading progress.
- USF Research Abstract #4 (2009) – Does TUNE into READING Improve FCAT Scores?
- USF Research Abstract #5 (2011) – Continued Evidence of Positive Effects on FCAT Scores for a Non-standard Approach to Reading Intervention.
- Kansas TUNE into READING Research (2012)
- Reading Fluency through alternative text: Reading with an interactive sing-to-read program embedded within middle school music classroom (Marie Biggs) - http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi? article=1633&context=etd&sei-redir=1#
See how TUNE into READING helped these students sing their way to academic success.
Learning to Love Reading: Emma's Story
Remedial Reading to Honor Roll: Bella's Story
Refusing to Fall Behind: Fernando's Story
What They Are Saying
They [the students] were there every time and begging to come back more often, and they maintained that level of interest for the entire nine weeks of the program.
When I first started this program, it was wonderful! ……..My grades have gone up. I was an F; now I am an A. I can read better. I can learn better!